„A marvel of pioneering electronica.“ – The Wire // „…the pioneering efforts of MMPMC stand as a monument to thegimmick-less magnificence that can be achieved with a pure application of this technology.“ – Magnet
MMPMC were the world’s first all synthesizer ensemble! This was their 2nd & final release, and was originally released in 1976.
The music is a unique and extremely enjoyable blend of space electronics (ala Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze), minimal music (Terry Riley, Philip Glass), and contemporary classical & electronics (Gordon Mumma, John Cage).
This album showcases a uniquely American slant on synthesizer music by a band whose pioneering contributions to the genre had been forgotten until this reissue.
This includes the original album, 20′ of previously unheard bonus material, and a bonus QuickTime video of the band in performance in 1976.
This is synth music 101 and should be in any collection!
Judy Borsher – RMI electric piano, Moog synthesizers
Steve Drews – Moog synthesizers
David Borden – Moog synthesizers
1) Click this album link: https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/like-a-duck-to-water
2) Click „Buy Digital Album“
3) Type „10“ into the Name your price field (The discount comes next! 😉 ).
4) Type the word „FIVE“ into the Discount code field.
5) Click „apply“
6) Click „Check out now“ or „Add to Cart“